How I Nearly Died in Minecraft | 24/08/2021



How I Nearly Died in Minecraft

A few days ago, I was playing Minecraft. I was playing survival mode, the mode in which you can die. However, I had full Netherite armour (the strongest armour in the game), so death would be a rare occurrence for me. Nonetheless, I set out on a journey, with my full Netherite armour and was watching YouTube videos on a separate device. The reason for as to why I set out on a journey was to find bamboo, which is a useful fuel for my furnace.

The Journey


The biome I was in when the journey started was a mountainous plains biome, a biome very difficult to manoeuvre in and move. This was not a biome in which I could find bamboo, so I moved on.

After travelling a few thousand metres, I found bamboo, but little did I know, it was all a trap. I went running to the bamboo as soon as I’d seen it. But then, I fell into a ravine I didn’t see that was camouflaged with the terrain. This ravine seemed very deep and I knew I would die if I fell all the way down.

My Thinking While Falling



However, I had a water-bucket on the 9th slot of my hot bar. Using it, I could potentially survive this fall if I placed it right before I fell all the way down. In Minecraft, you don’t take any fall damage if you land in water, so it could work.

Then, as I was falling, I began planning the best block to land and place my water bucket on. I knew that whatever block I fell on, needed to be a whole block. The water bucket could just not be placed if I got too close to the ground as well.

As I reached near impact, I could feel the anticipation and the nerves. If I died here, I would spawn thousands of blocks away and lose all my items. Dying was not an option.

The Outcome

Thankfully, I managed to land the water-bucket and live with all my items intact. The water-bucket clutch felt like one of the cooler things I did lately.   

Comments